15. May 2013
Copier Risograph – High-speed digital photocopier
The copier Risograph is available solely for employees of the School of Computer Science. It can be found in the Copy Room of the School of Computer Science located on the 4th floor of the MFF UK building at Malá Strana. Risograph is actually a modern stencil duplicator.
The price for one master is CZK 10, of one copy CZK 0,10. A two-sided copy costs CZK 0,20; charge for paper is CZK 0,20. Please, note down the register readings for both the masters and copies in the notebook provided in the pocket of the Risograph, according to which the annual account is made.
Instructions for copying
- Check the readings of both registers (open the front cover of the copier and take a look at the counters) with the entry in the notebook. Record possible variance in the column “Poznámka”.
- Switch the machine on.
- Double-check the setting. In case you did not switch the machine on, it is recommended to press RESET (page 24).
- Load the original and create a master (page 23).
- Make a sample copy (page 27), first few copies tend to be of lower quality.
- Set the required number of copies and print them out.
- Note down everything in the notebook, including both register readings.
- Switch the machine off and unplug.
For easier user-manual understanding
- Paper feed – lowering the feed tray by button (page 18)
- Setting the print speed – less absorbent paper requires lower rate of print (page 36)
- Setting the print parameters (pages 29-40). Attention, most parameters refer to burning the master sheet and cannot be changed later.
- Printing two originals on one page side-by-side
- Masters with uneven colouring shall be loaded with the darker side into the machine. For higher-quality colouring it is better to start printing lighter parts first and darker parts later.
- Use lower rate of print on glazed, too thin or, on the contrary, too thick paper.
- When the machine has not been in use for a prolonged period of time, the colour on the drum may dry on the surface and therefore first few copies of the subsequent copying are of lower quality. Should you mind this, use the test sample print button.
- Follow the manual instructions in case of difficulties or turn to SISAL staff for help.